Monday, July 19, 2010

MARKETS OF NYC



Last weekend I was at my favourite Vintage Market in all of New York City, the Garage Markets on 6th & 24th. At a booth by the door, I was fortunate enough to meet Author Karen E. Seiger who was doing signings of her new book, Markets of New York City - A Guide to the Best Artisan, Farmer, Food & Flea Markets.

This gorgeous handbag size guide will keep you busy for weekends to come, exploring some of the best markets NYC has to offer. Markets are an unique venture in the sense that you can have the next up & coming designer alongside a booth run by an elderly couple who lead a Gyp-set lifestyle selling vintage jewels from eras by-gone.

Karen was delightful & I look forward to all the treasure troves she has introduced me to thorugh her book. A Must for New York natives & new comings alike. Enjoy the adventure!

By Karen E. Seiger

Some of my personal NYC Market photographs below. -SW









No comments:

Post a Comment