Wednesday, July 20, 2011

IN MEMORY OF DANIEL NEVILLE

[ABOVE] Daniel & I

A few years ago, I was fortunate enough to meet Daniel Neville.

I was lucky enough to have my photo taken with him as part of an annual Sydney Swans Celebrity AFL match I take part in & recently I have been lucky enough to meet & speak with his family, Dad Pete, Mum Ruth & his brother Ben. Daniel is 15 in this photograph - & if those gorgeous brown eyes didn’t get you, that killer smile will!

Today marks the 2 year anniversary of Daniel loosing his fight with cancer. I am writing this blog post on this day to remember a day when the world lost a beautiful soul all too soon, but more so, to celebrate the 15 years of life, laughter & (And heartbreakingly killer smiles) Daniel brought the world.

I was blessed to meet Daniel & the entire Neville family, who are truly some of the nicest, humble & giving people I have ever met. I was given this opportunity through a charity called REDKITE. REDKITE is an organization who supports families dealing with children young people with cancer; REDKITE are there the entire journey.

Working in the field of fashion, I am very adamant, there is no need for what we do, it is an industry based purely on want. It is my strong belief that every fashion brand / designer should be giving back in some way, weather it be through product donation, time, profiling or monetary, there is a way you can make a difference, no matter how big or small. REDKITE is one of my favourite charities, & I cannot encourage you enough, as an company or an individual to get involved in any way you can.

Daniel’s Dad Pete emailed me this photo yesterday, & in the email he said ‘He (Daniel) was SO excited to get a photo with you! He even took it to school the next day to show his mates.’… It brought tears to my eyes & enveloped my heart in a way I cannot explain. Today I remember Daniel & my heartfelt thoughts are with the Neville family. This photograph is very important to me & Daniel’s memory will be forever kept in a special part of my heart.

To find out more about how you can help to make a difference REDKITE visit http://www.redkite.org.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment