Sunday, July 25, 2010

THE GLAMOUR OF AUSTRALIA


After a lazy Sunday sleep in, I braved the NYC heatwave & went wandering down Hudson St today to find myself 15 blocks downtown in the heart of Soho. Usually I have shopping agenda, stores to see, galleries to visit, but today was just wandering. I glanced up Greene St & double took a [ZIMMERMANN] banner for a mirage in this unbearable heat. I walked to towards it, hoping it would not fade the closer I got & to my delight, the further I walked, the closer I got!

I Love ZIMMERMANN as a brand. I love how it has stayed true to it Australian aesthetic, all the while expanding in global markets. I like the aspiration of the ZIMMERMANN woman, healthy, natural & confident, stylish & glamourous. at 112 Greene St, NYC; The ZIMMERMANN brand has brought a piece of Australia to The City with a beautiful pop-store in the heart of Soho, for the USA summer months. While in this Australian brand's store, I spotted Australian model Jess Hart & overheard another Aussie accent in amongst local clientele. I love when Australian brands make their mark in such a beautiful way in off shore markets. ZIMMERMANN is a perfect example of putting their glamourous stamp on this, at times, hard to crack, fashionable city. Go Aussie. - SW

If you are in NYC, get your skates on, the [ZIMMERMANN] pop-up store is only open til Aug 1, 2010.



No comments:

Post a Comment