Wednesday, May 19, 2010

[READING] GYPSET STYLE











I love to read. Like REALLY love to read. I have a pasison for art & fashion books & have made it one of my lifes ambition to build an amazing collection sof exquisite books to hand down to my children. At the moment, I am reading (& really inspired by) GYPSET STYLE, by Julie Chapman. Gypset (Gypsy+jet set) is about an emerging group of artists, musicians, fashion designers, surfers, and bon vivants– who lead semi-nomadic, unconventional lives…. I love the juxtaposition of some of these stories, wealthy people (eg Jade Jagger) who find solice in the most assuming of places. Weather beather beach shack decked out in Missoni furnising, Gypsy lifestyles of travelling the country in a van & experiencing a sunset in a different place every night. Not only a beautifully photographed book (some images featured above), but an insightful read that will encourage you to see outside the 9 to 5 rut we sometimes (all to often) find ourselves in. Published by ASSOULINE, this book is available at amazon.com. - SW

Know an amazing book that I should add to my collection? Let me know & post its title [here]

No comments:

Post a Comment